Facebook Culling Out Stupid People
This photo represents about how much sense today made, which was none at all. This is a real photo taken here in Costa Rica, the land where the weirdest things get done super slowly.
I know we're all a little squirrely and on edge, but I realized this afternoon I had to clean off the Facebook. It was cull or explode.
Still poorly. Asthma meds are basically amphetamines that aren't doing my nerves any good. I got up to friends fighting on Facebook and this evening have had to restrain myself from fighting. Why? The Clonies.
I was ranting just the other day to my friend Jamie about the different types of Americans here. This is one of the subgroups. You would be genuinely surprised how many are super conservatives inhaling a steady diet of Fox News. It's depressing.
The Clonies are a large bunch of women, some rich, some not, that are friends here, that I know pretty well from social events. They all look scarily alike due to lots of plastic surgery, yoga, hair dye, and an assortment of things I frown upon and would never do. Like not eating real food and living on weight loss shakes topped with pretty sprinkles.
I believe their type of women were referred to as "L'Orealed crotch jockeys" in the movie "First Wives Club" and most of them are second or third wives. To each their own.
Bring me a steak! You could not pay me to live like they do. And that's okay. It's their business what they do. They're happy that way so go to it.
Sometimes they make me laugh hard, like the time one of them carefully explained to me why Obama was responsible for 9/11. I kept trying to point out he wasn't president then, but it fell on deaf ears. I chuckled as I moved on to another conversation with someone else. That's a typical type of convo with them, and I don't usually have the heart to burst their bubbles, only when they get scarily insistent with me. Or someone decides to try to sell me those sprinkled diet shakes.
I just get annoyed with them when they act like their actions are the only way to do things. They can be as scarily obnoxious about their beliefs as Debi Pearl or Lori Alexander.
They twitter about, doing silly things, like right now attempting to get around the beach ban. I've seen them carrying on about the gyms being closed. They're all upset that the restaurants are shut, that life has ground to a halt here. Literally everything not a grocery store or pharmacy is closed. My doctor is doing home visits only. They also to a woman do not think that the COVID 19 virus is a big deal. Did I mention that they are all huge Trump supporters? Hence things like "Obama caused 9/11"
Since this mess started I've seen some rather offensive things posted online by them, racist things against the Chinese. Not a one believes in social distancing, posting videos and photos of themselves out and about spreading germs. They were working at the soup kitchen a few days ago and bitching online about being forced to wear masks and gloves because a) it would mess with their hair and b) it was hoax created by liberal media. I've been reporting to Facebook all this horrid content when it pops up.
This afternoon I was treated to the one that owns a hair salon in the deep deep south (think Southern Mississippi) bemoaning a story on Fox News about the mayor of Chicago getting a trim at a local salon. She immediately took it to a racist place, making remarks about 'nappy headed n-words' and then going on a long rant against women who do not dye their hair, wear makeup or have plastic surgery!
I think she's fallen head first into that vat of hair bleach at her own salon. What was at least slightly amusing pre-COVID is just irritating now. I cleaned off the friends list. Jim does not want me to fight online with anyone living here, but lawd have mercy was it a close thing today. I had no idea she was such a racist on top of everything else.

Comments