Social Undistancing
A couple of monstrously bad asthma days to the point where I had to pull out the big guns, the nebulizer and leave the inhalers in the dust. It's helping. I always say that the inhaler is like a small firecracker, but the neb like a bazooka. They both use gun powder, but only one is lethal. So much more relief even with the same drug. I used the last of my carefully hoarded Xopenex.
I've been doing very little as a result. Until today when I realized I had to run the fifty yards to the pharmacy and and get a couple of boxes of Combivent for when the Xop runs out, which was this afternoon. This afternoon was also the last time until Sunday I could legally take the car out until they lift the vehicle restrictions. More adventures in people misunderstanding just what social distancing is.
Interestingly enough the pharmacies, and the grocery stores here, have made attempts to comply with the social distancing orders. They have measured off six feet, put tape in six feet increments to indicate where you should stand. Most people obey the distancing, but sometimes you get idiots who refuse.
Got to experience this at the pharmacy where a guy was right up on me at the counter. It didn't go well, and I should likely have my mouth washed out with soap. At least he wasn't coughing I guess. I'm getting really tired of the behavior of others out there.
One thing is interesting about this new curfew. You could hear a pin drop outside right now. No traffic, no noise, nothing. Living stranded adrift alone with our own thoughts. Jim is swimming three times a day, and we're planning out the new raised beds vegetable garden. I'm quilting and reading. Exciting times.
I keep seeing people on Facebook and on shows like Dr. Phil talk about the stresses of sheltering in place with your sig-o. Not a problem here. We scrap and fuss sometimes too, but not over this, not like that. I'm glad we've worked out all those things in our several years adjustment when Jim retired. It was tough at first.
Jim is continuing on with the diet, and losing weight. I might have to eat my words on saying he would never stick to it. We've both lost weight as a result. Even if it means much more prep and cooking. However I have been so feverish and sick I cannot tell you how I managed to do it.
Amazing how quickly you can feel worlds better with the right meds. I feel much improved switching over to the nebulizer now.
We had a visitor this evening.
Reflected in the kitchen window with the kitchen behind me.
I've been doing very little as a result. Until today when I realized I had to run the fifty yards to the pharmacy and and get a couple of boxes of Combivent for when the Xop runs out, which was this afternoon. This afternoon was also the last time until Sunday I could legally take the car out until they lift the vehicle restrictions. More adventures in people misunderstanding just what social distancing is.
Interestingly enough the pharmacies, and the grocery stores here, have made attempts to comply with the social distancing orders. They have measured off six feet, put tape in six feet increments to indicate where you should stand. Most people obey the distancing, but sometimes you get idiots who refuse.
Got to experience this at the pharmacy where a guy was right up on me at the counter. It didn't go well, and I should likely have my mouth washed out with soap. At least he wasn't coughing I guess. I'm getting really tired of the behavior of others out there.
One thing is interesting about this new curfew. You could hear a pin drop outside right now. No traffic, no noise, nothing. Living stranded adrift alone with our own thoughts. Jim is swimming three times a day, and we're planning out the new raised beds vegetable garden. I'm quilting and reading. Exciting times.
I keep seeing people on Facebook and on shows like Dr. Phil talk about the stresses of sheltering in place with your sig-o. Not a problem here. We scrap and fuss sometimes too, but not over this, not like that. I'm glad we've worked out all those things in our several years adjustment when Jim retired. It was tough at first.
Jim is continuing on with the diet, and losing weight. I might have to eat my words on saying he would never stick to it. We've both lost weight as a result. Even if it means much more prep and cooking. However I have been so feverish and sick I cannot tell you how I managed to do it.
Amazing how quickly you can feel worlds better with the right meds. I feel much improved switching over to the nebulizer now.
We had a visitor this evening.
Reflected in the kitchen window with the kitchen behind me.

Comments