Frustrated Waiting and Red Dresses
According to the health department doctor I spoke with on Thursday they were supposed to have called me today and given me the results of the test for Coronavirus. Didn't happen, and when I tried to call him in the late afternoon I got the message that the office was closed for Semana Santa (Easter).
Looking at the latest figures released for once they did not list the towns of those found to have the virus, but after today I fear I am one of the 19 new cases definitively diagnosed. I feel dreadful after a couple of days feeling better indeed.
Woke up feeling better, but a curious thing happened around 5 pm after the chatter with my aunt. I went outside to water my orchids, a simple task I haven't done in a few days that involves simply walking over to the tap, turning on the hose and walking around blasting the begeezus out of everything with the water. I started to feel most curiously unwell, like everything in my body was shouting at the same time "Lay down NOW" the worst bout of fatigue.
I have been laying around since, with a slight fever and a big cough. I just feel weird. I guess I'm going to have to listen to my body and do what it says.
Maybe I am just worn out by the drama with my aunt. She dredged up ancient history, her sister that wore the low cut red dress to my wedding all those years ago. The sister did state that since everyone thought she was the family whore she thought she'd dress the part. I seem to remember a dress that looked like something Miss Kitty would wear on "Gunsmoke".
I just only vaguely remember this because the wedding and the time leading up to it was so incredibly stressful that this was a tiny blip on my radar. I was worried about the icing melting off the cake in the extreme heat (it did), my father telling my conservative straight laced new in law that the fluffy black lady in the pews was my aunt (she wasn't) and praying that various feuding relatives stayed sober and without fisticuffs.
Sort of like this dress, but lacier and more low cut with a slit up the front in bright red. Something you might wear turning tricks in the fanciest watering hole in Dodge City. Did I also mention that the lady in my family sporting this dress was older too? Plus I had another aunt sporting a white satin dress like it was her wedding. My family has the worst fashion taste of all time, myself included many times. I favor beachwear brave with bright embroidery and sequins.
But everyone in the family still talks about the lady that ruined poor Suzanne's wedding with her low cut dress. It's passed into family lore now.
Looking at the latest figures released for once they did not list the towns of those found to have the virus, but after today I fear I am one of the 19 new cases definitively diagnosed. I feel dreadful after a couple of days feeling better indeed.
Woke up feeling better, but a curious thing happened around 5 pm after the chatter with my aunt. I went outside to water my orchids, a simple task I haven't done in a few days that involves simply walking over to the tap, turning on the hose and walking around blasting the begeezus out of everything with the water. I started to feel most curiously unwell, like everything in my body was shouting at the same time "Lay down NOW" the worst bout of fatigue.
I have been laying around since, with a slight fever and a big cough. I just feel weird. I guess I'm going to have to listen to my body and do what it says.
Maybe I am just worn out by the drama with my aunt. She dredged up ancient history, her sister that wore the low cut red dress to my wedding all those years ago. The sister did state that since everyone thought she was the family whore she thought she'd dress the part. I seem to remember a dress that looked like something Miss Kitty would wear on "Gunsmoke".
I just only vaguely remember this because the wedding and the time leading up to it was so incredibly stressful that this was a tiny blip on my radar. I was worried about the icing melting off the cake in the extreme heat (it did), my father telling my conservative straight laced new in law that the fluffy black lady in the pews was my aunt (she wasn't) and praying that various feuding relatives stayed sober and without fisticuffs.
Sort of like this dress, but lacier and more low cut with a slit up the front in bright red. Something you might wear turning tricks in the fanciest watering hole in Dodge City. Did I also mention that the lady in my family sporting this dress was older too? Plus I had another aunt sporting a white satin dress like it was her wedding. My family has the worst fashion taste of all time, myself included many times. I favor beachwear brave with bright embroidery and sequins.
But everyone in the family still talks about the lady that ruined poor Suzanne's wedding with her low cut dress. It's passed into family lore now.

Comments