"Tiger King" and Other Stupidity

Still no freaking beach. Le sigh! I need a beach walk badly!
 
One thing is for sure. I cannot watch the popular Netflix show "Tiger King" about Joe Exotic. I tried. I did. I saw episode one and had to ditch. Why? I was absolutely furious! None of those people have any business with exotic animals, or in animal rescue. What I saw wast people exploiting wild animals for money, not caring for them properly, squashed into small cages and fed substandard diets!

For many years, going back to my high school days, I've been involved in some fashion in animal rescue, rehab and the like. I am still involved in a place where wild animals who are injured are taken, nursed back to health and released. No place I have ever been involved in has been run like that! Or treated animals that poorly. I despair that most of America seems to be amused by animal neglect and mentally ill people.

But super crazy people seems to be a theme in my life right now. One of our friends invited himself over swimming today in the midst  of social distancing. I was ticked off as I ticked off a list of "don'ts" before he arrived, and make myself scarce once he was here. I had to. He's a heavy smoker and the last time he invited himself over not only did he pee on the sofa, he just about sent me to the ER with his heavy smoking. He smoked outside, I was in my bedroom with two locked doors between us and one running air conditioning and I still smelled the smoke and went right into an asthma attack.

Add in my recent reactions to the chemicals in the pool and I made myself super scarce. He stayed no time at all, didn't smoke or pee on the sofa. Jim laughed at me afterward wiping down the hand rail into the pool with clorox wipes. I am taking no chances. I'm sick enough without adding in Coronavirus.

The asthma has been so crazy since Monday I have to wonder if I have contracted something. Up and down fevers, bouts of having difficulties breathing, feeling like five miles of dirt road. And it comes and goes. I'll feel well for a day, and then I'll feel horrid.

Damn I cannot wait until rainy season starts again. If it would just rain a couple of times hard, settle the dust, clean the air of the pollen I could just breath again.

As I am writing this I can smell that someone nearby is burning trash again.

I just need to stay in bed until it rains.

Comments