Secret Toast and Sweet Memories
I'm up late sneaking a couple of slices of toast slathered in butter and apple jelly. Jim's still dieting hard, but has passed out so it's time to have a few carbs away from him. He knows I am not following the diet stringently like he. It's too hard to completely give up all carbs in the grip of a pandemic. We're both a few pounds down already.
Although he was put out this morning when I served him scrambled eggs over cauliflower hash, and I had cheese on my eggs, a slice of bacon and a side of toast. I cannot do diet at breakfast. Particularly on days like today when I woke up itching and scratching after dreaming I was itching and scratching. I had to medicate upon rising, and cut my nails back to keep from tearing up my skin.
The other thing Jim is doing upon rising is swimming and using the hot tub. Grrr, I can only watch from the two back windows in the kitchen that overlook the backyard and the pool
Yes, quite grumpy on the itching, scratching, wheezing of the asthma keeping me out of the pool and those nasty chemicals. I amused myself with quilting, Candy Crush and Facebook when I wasn't reading a biography on Winston Churchill. The house is clean, and there's nothing that must be done while hiding from the virus. I cannot watch that much television.
But a Facebook game my friends are playing gave me all the feels and good memories earlier and a better pool experience. You are supposed to Google what the top hit of the day you were 12 years old on your birthday was. For me that was the oh so sweet "The Candyman"by Sammy Davis Jr.
Memories of days in the country club pool. We lived two blocks down from the club and that summer I was discovering the power of being female. Newly grown breasts, my cousin's cast off green bikini and a summer batting my eyelashes at Eddie the lifeguard. Pink lip gloss and the scent of chlorine. A summer of innocence with this song being part of that soundtrack. This and the Osmond Brothers.
I learned that summer that there was power in being nubile and attractive. It was a revelation.
Back when I wasn't allergic to the smell of the pool water, and it didn't make me mad from itching.
Although he was put out this morning when I served him scrambled eggs over cauliflower hash, and I had cheese on my eggs, a slice of bacon and a side of toast. I cannot do diet at breakfast. Particularly on days like today when I woke up itching and scratching after dreaming I was itching and scratching. I had to medicate upon rising, and cut my nails back to keep from tearing up my skin.
The other thing Jim is doing upon rising is swimming and using the hot tub. Grrr, I can only watch from the two back windows in the kitchen that overlook the backyard and the pool
Yes, quite grumpy on the itching, scratching, wheezing of the asthma keeping me out of the pool and those nasty chemicals. I amused myself with quilting, Candy Crush and Facebook when I wasn't reading a biography on Winston Churchill. The house is clean, and there's nothing that must be done while hiding from the virus. I cannot watch that much television.
But a Facebook game my friends are playing gave me all the feels and good memories earlier and a better pool experience. You are supposed to Google what the top hit of the day you were 12 years old on your birthday was. For me that was the oh so sweet "The Candyman"by Sammy Davis Jr.
Memories of days in the country club pool. We lived two blocks down from the club and that summer I was discovering the power of being female. Newly grown breasts, my cousin's cast off green bikini and a summer batting my eyelashes at Eddie the lifeguard. Pink lip gloss and the scent of chlorine. A summer of innocence with this song being part of that soundtrack. This and the Osmond Brothers.
I learned that summer that there was power in being nubile and attractive. It was a revelation.
Back when I wasn't allergic to the smell of the pool water, and it didn't make me mad from itching.

Comments