Eat (Good Stuff), Spray (Disinfectant), Scrub (Your Hands)

Yesterday was day two of our crazy tilt-o-whirl get everything done. We filled up our bottled water jugs (too high of calcium in the tap water to drink). We got back to the bank to deposit the check from the hospital. Tests happened for lung function.

The Bank

Unlike the day before there was no lines at all, not inside, not outside. They were still allowing people inside in small numbers, one or two at a time. They'd removed half of the seating in customer service, and spaced the remaining chairs roughly ten feet apart now. So empty it was eerie as hell.

Spoke with my favorite teller for quite some time. He's worried and upset that most Costa Ricans aren't taking this seriously. He is afraid of contracting it, as we all are.

The security guard forced me to remove my Vog mask. First time ever. I've worn it before in the bank because when the asthma is stirred up I tend to react to people's colognes, cleaning solutions, all sorts of wild things. It really helps in those times. Earlier in the day I was at my attorney's office paying for his services, and I started reacting to the strongly scented mopping solution, and the mask went on.

We left the bank at around 12:30, hearing that they were going to shut down for the day in a half hour.

I ran into the same issues at the Auto Mercado grocery store. They were shutting down at  1 pm. I sneaked in just under the wire to get a pile of new kitchen towels and cheese.

And then mercifully we were totally done with everything. It took two long hard slog of a days to speed up and do everything we would have normally spaced out over a few weeks. But we did it. Getting home around 3 pm.

I hope we haven't been exposed to the Coronavirus, but I fear we might have. People walk around not knowing they have it as long as a few weeks, spreading the germs. Tamarindo is a tourist town, tourists are still here, thankfully in much smaller numbers, but there are still plenty of crazy drunken gringos stumbling around complaining that the bars are shut. American tourists brought the first case into the country.

Today has been much easier, working on NLQ, working in the garden. Jim swimming. Me still banned from the pool and hot tub because of my crazy asthma skin. Still with a runny nose, cough and chest congestion of asthma.

I think Jim is super antsy because he's not used to going nowhere and puttering around the house. He needs people to thrive. I can go days without speaking to another person, or leaving the house and be fine with that.

We did have one funny thing happen during our day yesterday. We went to the Hospital Metropolitano nearby to pick up the refund check on my hospital visit. We walked in, and Jim asked to speak with Vivienne Vialis, and the girl behind the counter kept trying to give him a box of that erection pill Cialis.

Heard late this afternoon that one of my daughters has been laid off from her job because of the virus. It's actually less of a big deal than you'd think. She'd already given notice she was leaving, and was only left with three more work days before she moved out of state. Could be much worse. She has a plan, and this is going to just cause a slight rearrangement to her plans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids