I Need a Corona...Beer

It's official. We have several cases of Corona virus here in Guanacaste now.The mask went on and I used that hand sanitizer when I was out so much and so hard you might have thought I was addicted. Like you could get literally high from it.

I am still having asthma high-jinks going on in the body. Low fever, sore throat, lung congestion, tightness in chest. Not even taking into consideration the stupid skin stuff. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is high winds stirring up mucho dust asthma, but my teeny tiny monkey brain keeps yelling "CORONA!"

Caught in hideous traffic going in and out of Tama today. There was a drug related shooting, and the subsequent scrambling of those related to the Keystone Kops - our local police force. That is one of the scary things about living here. Law enforcement is a lazy joke that seems to exist to ask for bribes. I haven't been shaken down yet, but Jim has.

The most annoying thing were the stares I got over the mask, which is stupid because the only reason I had it on is that I am having ongoing asthma with coughing and wheezing and have no desire to cough or sneeze on anyone else and pass along any germs. This is the first time I've been stared out so panicked and horrifically for protecting my health and the health of others.

We also have guests arriving on Sunday from the States, but with all the cancelled flights and health warnings I am now not sure it's going to happen.

Finally broke down and hand washed all of my Vog masks and was surprised at how dirty they'd all gotten. But they're all clean and ready to go out again. I'm avoiding going out, but tomorrow must pickup my monthly meds.

On the plus side I got to go back to the animal sanctuary today. They had a staff and volunteer wide meeting, even for those folks like me who only come in at certain times. Basically a Corona virus planning meeting. If tourism drops off, or the country is quarantined the monies coming in will drop off. Staffing still needs to happen. animals need feeding and everything else even if we're forced to close. I'm back on the schedule with the exotic birds again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids