Guilty Awful Pleasures

The Whale Tail is closed here, along with everything else beachy.

What are you doing to wile away your time during this self-isolation? I have a shameful secret. I've been watching "Love After Lockup" and the occasional "90 Day Fiance" I normally tend to stick to things like "Poldark," "Masterpiece Theater" "Better Call Saul" and a handful of other shows I've always had my one trashy reality show addiction. It used to be "Dance  Moms" but LAL is my new jam.

I'm mostly off social media, including Facebook, because it's just incredibly frustrating to watch misinformation being shared like the gospel truth. I realized after I jumped all over Mrs. Satan for sharing misinformation that I needed to take a social media break. There are a million reasons to hate her, like forging my husband's signature on tax documents, but this one is too trifling to go where I took it.

So I'm quilting. I finally got my Paris quilt top finished and started yesterday on doing the thing I hate the most in quilting. Hate it so much I would almost pay someone else to do it. Putting the backing, the  quilt batting and the top together. It's a laborious process that takes time to get just right. But I did it and started hand quilting it. In the distant past I always hand pieced and hand quilted all of my quilts, but I kept getting such enormous pushback during my years in the art studio and quilt shop for it I finally joined the machine only quilting crowd.

Well, I'm back. My hand stitching is a little wobbly, but I can feel I'm returning to the groove. muscle memory kicking in.

If you need me I'll be at my quilting frame, laughing over the antics of the couple that did it in a mud puddle, the muthafarking Crack couple,  the Mormon gangbangers, Mississippi Marlboro Barbie and her twenty years younger man and the guy who cannot keep it in his pants. It's a former social workers  nightmare or wet dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids