The Bite
Jim is out gallivanting around playing softball. I am home, with my yarn and Netflix. He is not slowing down from the Corona virus possible exposures, but at least I finally got him to use hand sanitizer even if he thinks it's a girly plot, like hand towels, coasters under drinks and throw pillows. Stuff manly man never partake in.
I am better. No lung crud, no mad scratching, no stoned feeling. A lot better. But I know better than to push my luck. Or stop with the social distancing.
Some gardening, some laundry, some cooking, some reading, some exciting day. Not. But I am introverted enough to actually prefer this to the mad social scramble people I know like.
Bingo was cancelled (HA!) and I'm not crying any tears since I barely tolerated it in the first place. Some small things have been cancelled here, and a few concerts. Lots of things in San Jose are cancelled, but in the rural backwater with a beach we live in its business as usual, fleecing the Gringo tourists and party on. It does not seem to have dawned on the tourist hordes that the virus is here too. It's in Guanacaste, in nearby Santa Cruz. I am still seeing golf cart hijinks when I go out for a ride to break the cabin fever.
Rather disgusted with some folks at church that are still pretending that is some overblown media crisis who are insisting on hugs and kisses in greeting, beyond handshakes to stick it to whatever they think this is. I am watching a planned mission trip happening, and some struggles over if there should be service or streaming service online. The people at church are the worst at taking this seriously. Reason to stay away.
Late this afternoon I got some sad news. My son, in his early 30s, was walking this afternoon in Fairfax and was attacked by a dog. He had to go to the clinic affiliated with the local hospital and get stitches and a tetanus shot. The good news is that he has the info on the dog owner, and it sounds like the owner will have to pay for his injuries. Terrible, but it could have been much worse. People, if you have dogs you must keep them on a leash.
It's something that has echos in something that happened to him as a toddler, when a neighbhood dog walked up to him and bit him on the head. He still has a small mark on his head from that.
It's times like now I hate living so far away. I worry about all three of my kids, adults or not. Now with the virus I have new things to worry over. He did tell me that the clinic had signs on the front door ordering people who thought they had Coronavirus to depart and drag themselves off to the ER.
Keep hearing both here in Costa Rica and in America how it is almost impossible to get the test. I know they've been sending people home here, refusing to test them, and I hear that about the States too. Here in Costa Rica I know it's because the country's entire economy is tied closely to the U.S. tourist trade. It looks like this week we're seeing the first wave of tourists cancelling, and the news is reporting that there have been massive cancellations through June. It will cripple this place, making the poverty and petty crime even worse. Infection rates seem to be doubling every third or fourth day anyway.
It's pretty clear that the lack of testing in the U.S. is tied to this horrible president of ours trying to fudge the numbers so he can be reelected. This is the problem with hiding shit, it eventually comes out and bites you even harder on the ass. He's being bitten pretty hard combining his lies over this, and his inaction mingled with the stock market crash.
I am better. No lung crud, no mad scratching, no stoned feeling. A lot better. But I know better than to push my luck. Or stop with the social distancing.
Some gardening, some laundry, some cooking, some reading, some exciting day. Not. But I am introverted enough to actually prefer this to the mad social scramble people I know like.
Bingo was cancelled (HA!) and I'm not crying any tears since I barely tolerated it in the first place. Some small things have been cancelled here, and a few concerts. Lots of things in San Jose are cancelled, but in the rural backwater with a beach we live in its business as usual, fleecing the Gringo tourists and party on. It does not seem to have dawned on the tourist hordes that the virus is here too. It's in Guanacaste, in nearby Santa Cruz. I am still seeing golf cart hijinks when I go out for a ride to break the cabin fever.
Rather disgusted with some folks at church that are still pretending that is some overblown media crisis who are insisting on hugs and kisses in greeting, beyond handshakes to stick it to whatever they think this is. I am watching a planned mission trip happening, and some struggles over if there should be service or streaming service online. The people at church are the worst at taking this seriously. Reason to stay away.
Late this afternoon I got some sad news. My son, in his early 30s, was walking this afternoon in Fairfax and was attacked by a dog. He had to go to the clinic affiliated with the local hospital and get stitches and a tetanus shot. The good news is that he has the info on the dog owner, and it sounds like the owner will have to pay for his injuries. Terrible, but it could have been much worse. People, if you have dogs you must keep them on a leash.
It's something that has echos in something that happened to him as a toddler, when a neighbhood dog walked up to him and bit him on the head. He still has a small mark on his head from that.
It's times like now I hate living so far away. I worry about all three of my kids, adults or not. Now with the virus I have new things to worry over. He did tell me that the clinic had signs on the front door ordering people who thought they had Coronavirus to depart and drag themselves off to the ER.
Keep hearing both here in Costa Rica and in America how it is almost impossible to get the test. I know they've been sending people home here, refusing to test them, and I hear that about the States too. Here in Costa Rica I know it's because the country's entire economy is tied closely to the U.S. tourist trade. It looks like this week we're seeing the first wave of tourists cancelling, and the news is reporting that there have been massive cancellations through June. It will cripple this place, making the poverty and petty crime even worse. Infection rates seem to be doubling every third or fourth day anyway.
It's pretty clear that the lack of testing in the U.S. is tied to this horrible president of ours trying to fudge the numbers so he can be reelected. This is the problem with hiding shit, it eventually comes out and bites you even harder on the ass. He's being bitten pretty hard combining his lies over this, and his inaction mingled with the stock market crash.
Comments