What Was That?


I tell myself every single day that I will not watch the afternoon COVID press conference and every afternoon I get sucked right in. Today was no exception.

For the life of me I cannot explain or understand our commander in chief. He mangles so much of the information and now he's floating an idea that scientists and doctors are saying is not even remotely possible - returning everyone to work, school and life by Easter, a mere 3 and a half weeks! He mentioned again and again and again, in great detail, something that was a short quick throw away idea spilling from his lips yesterday. His idea of all the churches filled to the brim, spilling over with happy grateful smiling people with the pandemic over.

It's pretty obvious that the only real person Donald Trump listens to is Donald Trump. We've seen this before, some petty pipe dream thought he mentions once that gets confabulated into a cornerstone of his ever shifting rhetoric. What's dangerous about doing that is that most of the time its not even remotely related to facts. Like his wall, that any Mexican kid can scale in 3.2 seconds and portions of are being cut down and taken away by the cartels to use in drug manufacture.

We have a historical front seat to watch "The Emperor Has No Clothes!" on a grand worldwide scale. The few people willing to point out he's addled and pantless are immediately removed and silenced.  I am starting to wonder if at some point soon when he ventures out if he will be confronted by some version of that scene in "Game of Thrones" when the starving, frightened, abused people of King's Landing started tossing their own excrement at King Joffrey. That's who he is reminded me of now, a stupider version of Joffrey.

But this is not fiction. It's serious, and I am afraid we're going to see mass death in the U.S. before this is over. Now some of the Republicans are floating the idea that the elderly and the sick should be happy to lay down their lives for the stock market. I keep forgetting they only care about life when it's an unborn baby, not actual living breathing human beings. And they accused the Democrats of trying to bring in "Death Panels" through the Affordable Care Act. Hypocrites all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids