Unraveling to Start Again

Today was better. The itching is lessening. The stoned medicine feel is lifting. I sang today for the first time in weeks on worship team.

Although I am clearly still goofy. When we got home from church I baked, making the recipe as I went. A banana-blueberry-walnut-lemon bread. Could not have turned out better.

This afternoon I spent a large slab of time unraveling  a sweater I crocheted shortly after arriving in Costa Rica in cold Copey, and discovering I could not wear it. Wool, real wool, not the acrylic kind. Just way too  itchy to wear. I have enough leftovers from various projects to turn out a few soft knitted bedside rugs.

Once upon a time one of my kids criticized me, saying that they saw me pulling apart more partial projects to start again, pull apart and start again. She said it in such a way that I knew she didn't get the why, which is if it's not perfect, not going to lay flat or if the pattern is way way off (and they can be in needle craft magazines) I have a pattern right now for a light shawl I started on and have taken apart six ways from Sunday and adjusted repeatedly that I finally gave up and unraveled the rewound the yarn for something else.

Life has taught me that if things are off, or not working out right it is sometimes better to unravel and redo instead of trying to make a series of minute adjustments on the fly that may not work at all. This seems to be doubly true in the work world. Expect some changes, one of the big ones is radio silence towards the trolls, just dumping them on Jerks 4 Jesus. I realized earlier this week that I needed to stop writing about one of the main characters of Quiverfull because it is becoming increasingly  obvious that she and her partner have significant mental health issues going on, playing them out in public. Don't feed the insane martyrbater. It's been sort of like feeding a Gremlin after midnight, unleashes some of the strangest stuff in this other person.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids